(FREDERICTON, NB – January 18th, 2022) – Speedway 660 is excited to unveil their 2022 schedule of events. The schedule features 13 racing cards over 11 weekends from May to September, anchored by the 22nd Annual SpeedWeekend on Labour Day Weekend. In all, the track will see nine unique stock car classes compete on the 1/3-mile oval with Speedway 660’s four house divisions, the Pro Stock, Late Model Sportsman, Street Stock and Sharp Shooters, comprising a majority of the racing events throughout the Summer of 2022.
Highlights of the 2022 schedule include;
- The season kicks off with the 29th Annual Riverview Ford Lincoln Season Opener on Sunday, May 15th at 2pm. The championship point races will kick off for all four house divisions with extended distance features for the Pro Stock (100-laps), Late Model Sportsman (75-laps) and Street Stocks (50-laps).
- The Pro Stock division will once again crown a track champion in 2022. The division will contest six point races plus the 22nd Annual Pro Stock 250 on Sunday, September 4th.
- The Late Model Sportsman division will see extended distance races on Saturday, July 2nd (Urquhart Construction Firecracker 150) and Saturday, September 3rd following their season opening 75-lap feature. The SpeedWeekend 150-lap feature will be a dry tire race.
- Street Stocks have put on some of the best shows of any house class at Speedway 660 in recent seasons and will have a trio of extended distance races in season to showcase their talents. The “Knights of Street Stock” 100 on Saturday, June 11th gives the division an early year, extended distance race to make up for losing the 2021 Ricky Bobby 150 last October due to COVID-19 restrictions. The race will also serve as the track’s Maritime Street Stock Series date for 2022. The 2022 edition of the Ricky Bobby 150 will take place on Saturday, August 6th. The D. Gillespie and Sons Trucking Street Stock 100 will return on SpeedWeekend in September.
- The fastest growing and now the biggest division of stock cars throughout Atlantic Canada, the Sharp Shooters will see their season highlighted by the Saturday, July 9th running of the Gunslinger 50.
- The Maritime League of Legends Tour (MLOL) and Passione Flooring East Coast Mini Stock Tour (ECMST) each return twice in 2022. In addition to SpeedWeekend appearances, they will also see early season races. The Maritime League of Legends Tour will tentatively open their season at Speedway 660 on Sunday, May 29th with the East Coast Mini Stock Tour racing into the Geary woods on Saturday evening, June 25th.
- Following a popular appearance at SpeedWeekend 2021, the Heart of a Champion Hot Rod Classics powered by Conrad Brothers will return to Speedway 660 on SpeedWeekend 2022.
- The track is working with the Atlantic Modified Tour on dates for the New Brunswick based touring series to visit the Geary woods. Once available, those dates will be released.
- Speedway 660 is hosting a Mini Stock Invitational on Saturday, August 13th and a trio of Bandolero events on Sunday, May 29th, Saturday, July 16th and SpeedWeekend 2022 in hopes of growing both divisions at the track.
- Popular promotions like Kids Day (Sunday, May 29th) and Christmas in July (Saturday, July 16th) return in 2022 with more information on those events being released closer to their respective dates.
- A new event is slated for the weekend of August 20th and 21st, 2022. More details on this motorsports event will be released when available.
The full schedule is available below. The 2022 schedule released today is subject to change without notice and fans are encouraged to check in with the track in the event of any alterations to the calendar. Ticketing information, rain dates, event sponsors and more will be announced over the winter months.
The 2022 schedule launch is in conjunction with the soft launch of the new Speedway660.com. The new look is hosted by Tim’s Corner Motorsports and is designed to easily access the “need to know” information for both race fans and competitors. Teams can also find updated building rules for the four Speedway 660 house divisions on the newly launched website. As the season draws closer, the website will have updated event details and more!
For more information about the Saturday’s racing card, or any event at Speedway 660, visit Speedway660.com, like @Speedway660 on Facebook or call the Speedway 660 Raceline at (506) 454-7223.
About Speedway 660:
Speedway 660 is one of Canada’s premier stock car racing facilities. Located in New Brunswick’s Fredericton region, it has attracted race teams and fans from the Maritimes, New England and Quebec since 1994. The Speedway 660 racing season runs from mid May until late September. SpeedWeekend, one of the most prestigious short track events in eastern North America, is the marquee event of the Speedway 660 season on Labour Day Weekend.
2022 Speedway 660 Schedule
|Saturday, May 14th||12pm||Practice Day and Pre-Tech||All Classes|
|Sunday, May 15th||2pm||29th Annual Riverview Ford Lincoln Season Opener||PS100, SP75, SS50, 4CYL|
|Saturday, May 28th||12pm||Practice Day||All Classes|
|Sunday, May 29th||2pm||Kids Day + Maritime League of Legends Tour||MLOL, PS, SP, SS, 4CYL, BN|
|Saturday, June 11th||6:30pm||“Knights of Street Stock” 100 – Maritime Street Stock Series||SS100, PS, SP, 4CYL|
|Saturday, June 25th||6:30pm||Passione Flooring East Coast Mini Stock Tour||ECMST, SP, SS|
|Saturday, July 2nd||6:30pm||Urquhart Construction Firecracker Sportsman 150||SP150, SS, 4CYL|
|Saturday, July 9th||6:30pm||Gunslinger 50||4CYL50, SP, SS|
|Saturday, July 16th||6:30pm||Christmas In July featuring Pro Stock 150||PS150, SS, 4CYL, BN|
|Saturday, August 6th||6:30pm||Ricky Bobby Street Stock 150||SS150, PS, SP, 4CYL|
|Saturday, August 13th||6:30pm||Mini Stock Invitational||MS, SP, SS, 4CYL|
|Saturday, August 20th||TBA||Event to Be Announced||TBA|
|Sunday, August 21st||TBA||Event to Be Announced||TBA|
|22nd Annual SpeedWeekend|
|Friday, September 2nd||TBA||SpeedWeekend Prelude||TBA|
|Saturday, September 3rd||TBA||Sportsman 150||TBA|
|Sunday, September 4th||TBA||22nd Annual Pro Stock 250||TBA|
|Saturday, September 24th||2pm||Day of Champions||PS, SP, SS, 4CYL|
**schedule subject to change without notice
Legend: PS – Pro Stock | SP – Sportsman | SS – Street Stocks | 4CYL – Sharp Shooter/Domestics
MLOL – Maritime League of Legends Tour | ECMST – East Coast Mini Stock Tour | HRC – Heart of a Champion Hot Rod Classics | AMT – Atlantic Modified Tour | BN – Bandolero | MS – Mini Stock