Man do I ever hate to see Saturday skies open-up and rain ruin a race day! But that’s what happened last weekend when the heavy rains kept us away from Speedway 660.
It was a no-brainer because based on the forecast and what we saw early in the day, it was obvious even to me that we had no chance of racing. It is much more difficult making a decision if the weather is overcast and rain could come. Take for example, a week ago Sunday when the forecast called for 90 percent chance of rain and based on that, the first Enduro event was called off. Guess what? The rain held off.